WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Federal


View all
May 6, 2013

I have a T-visa. Can I work legally in the US?

Yes, if you are granted a T-visa, you are automatically granted an employment authorization document (EAD). You do not need to fill out separate paperwork to get employment authorization - your T-visa application also acts as an application for employment authorization.

Note: If you are applying for derivative T-visa status (T-visa status for your immediate family members), you must apply for employment authorization for them separately by filling out Form I-765.

* 8 C.F.R. § 214.11(o)(10)