236.17. Domestic abuse training requirements.
The department, in cooperation with victim service providers, shall work with various professional organizations to encourage organizations to establish training programs for professionals who work in the area of domestic abuse prevention and services. Domestic abuse training may include, but is not limited to, the following areas:
1. The enforcement of both civil and criminal remedies in domestic abuse matters.
2. The nature, extent, and causes of domestic abuse.
3. The legal rights and remedies available to domestic abuse victims, including crime victim compensation.
4. Services available to domestic abuse victims and their children, including the domestic abuse telephone hotline.
5. The mandatory arrest provisions of section 236.12, and other duties of peace officers pursuant to this chapter.
6. Techniques for intervention in domestic abuse cases.