WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Arkansas

Restraining Orders

View all
November 21, 2017

How do I register my protection order in Arkansas?

To register your protection order in Arkansas, you must file the order as a foreign (out-of-state) judgment, which means filing a new suit in Arkansas. The abuser will not be notified of the new suit.  Once you have filed the order as a foreign judgment, the court clerk will send the order to the local law enforcement agency who will enter your order into the Arkansas Crime Information Center protection order registry file.*

If you need help registering your protection order, you can contact a local domestic violence organization in Arkansas for assistance. You can find contact information for organizations in your area here on the AR Places that Help page.

* Ark. Code §§ 9-15-302(d) & 12-12-215(b)(1)