WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Oklahoma

Restraining Orders

View all
April 25, 2018

How do I change or extend the protective order?

Only a judge can modify (change) or extend a protection order. If you want to change the terms of your order, you will have to go back to the court where the order was issued, and file a motion to modify the order with the clerk of court. The stalker will then be served with a copy of the papers you file and will have the opportunity to be present at the court hearing where the judge will decide whether or not to change it.*

If you would like to extend your protection order, remember to file a motion at the court before the original order expires.

* 22 O.S. § 60.4(G)(3)