What is the legal definition of "disabled"?
For purposes of this restraining order, “a person with a disability” is defined as someone with a physical or mental disability who is eligible for Supplemental Security Income or for general assistance and meets one of the following:
- has a developmental disability, or is mentally or emotionally disturbed and lives in or needs placement in a residential program;
- is an alcohol or drug abuser and lives or needs placement in a residential program;
- has another type of physical or mental disability; or
- is experiencing a brain injury for a long enough time to affect that person's ability to perform activities of daily living.*
* O.R.S. §§ 124.005(9); 410.040(7); 410.715